Monday 14 March 2011

Poster Developments and Final Poster.

As expressed in my previous post I wasn't very happy with the outcome so I did something about it! I wanted to try out the idea of suspending the cut-outs using string, to create, in a sense something similar to a child's mobile. I was pretty focused on creating the shadows I was after earlier on. I created a very makeshift photography "studio type place" in my living room, using a desk lamp, a white sheet, a pole and my pieces suspended from it with string. Here are some of my photo's along with some edits and the final poster design.

I am pretty happy with the final outcome as it shows shadow and clearly displays the text and I like that the strings are visible as it shows that it is actually cut paper unlike the previous poster design where I feel it appeared more like digital text. The angle is great as it is looking up at the text and it is compositions in the top half of the page showing its importance and stature. The shadow position isn't as ideal as I would have wanted, but the images I got with the shadow in the correct place are quite blurred and they aren't as dynamic as others. I chose this one because I like the composition, angle of the shot and the colours, I also think the negative space at the bottom of the page gives the image balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment