Monday 14 March 2011

Poster Developments

I went into the studio on Friday to take some photo's for my poster and the photo shoot didn't exactly go to plan. I envisaged the 100 cut-out type with a large shadow cast behind it. However the set up only contained one lamp which only gave a soft light so it was hard to achieve the shadows I were after. I wanted to try standing the text up and hang it from some string to see the different images I could achieve. This also didn't got to plan most likely due to my lack of planning. I had to attach the cut-outs down to the paper using masking tape as they were falling down all over the place, even when taped down they flopped, which was very annoying (looking back magic tape probably would work better as the masking tape stands out against a white background so it then became a task editing the tape out of the images). Anyhow I had to work with what I had, so these images show this.

At the time I was worrying that I wouldn't get my poster printed so I used what I had to create an image (shown below) which I am not entirely happy with. I feel the idea has enough strength to carry on however, so my plan is to edit my current images more or to take some more images at home to get what I'm after.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment