Sunday 6 March 2011

Final Ideas for Sculpture

Well I'm basing my final idea on the structure of a leaf, pretty basic I know, but sometime the simplest idea turns out to be the best one.. Well I'm hoping so on this occasion anyway. I'm also taking inspiration from some of the shell inspired forms I created. 

In my sketchbook drawings of my ideas, they composed similar traits of feathers, which is still under the organic, natural title. My idea is to combine scoring and cutting into the paper creating strips. Then joining the strips together in a curved format.

Here are just a few images of my final ideas.. My idea is to make loads of these and group them together. At this moment I'm not sure how it would hang but I can deal with that when I get to that stage. Just need to make more of them and then onto the final, much larger in scale sculpture! Starting to feel a bit better today :)




No comments:

Post a Comment